Established in 1968 to preserve the historical record of Great Lakes ships.
Follow us on Facebook
|Ontario No.2 entering Port Dalhousie. Photo by Jim Kidd|
S.S. Cayuga entering theEastern Gap, Toronto from the David Bull collection.
Trillium built 1910, restored 1975.
C.C.G.S. Grenville anchored
off Main Duck Island, Lake Ontario from the Willis Metcalfe collection.
We are passionate about Great Lakes ships and the role they have played and continue to play in shaping the growth of Canada.
T.M.H.S. produces The Scanner, now in its 49th year. In its news items and historical articles, The Scanner is widely recognized as the premier publication of its kind. All issues summarize important news happenings about shipping on the lakes and feature an extensive historical account of a Ship of the Month.
We meet monthly from October to May, generally the first Saturday of the month, for informative and entertaining presentations put on by our members. Meetings are held at 2:30 pm at Swansea Town Hall, 95 Lavinia Avenue, Toronto. The exception is our annual luncheon meeting currently being held in May, at the Boulevard Club.
|The Scanner||The Scanner Back Issues||Scanner Archives||Handy Links|
Index of all the ships of Scanner as Ship of the Month
Dinner Meeting Photos
Please send suggestions or comments to the Webmaster@tmhs.ca
Created in Canada © Toronto Marine Historical Society 2016